Welcome to the official San Diego Nursing Allied Health Service – Education Consortium web site.
The San Diego Nursing Allied Health Service-Education Consortium was formed in 1996 with the express goal of coordinating the clinical placement process in order to mutually benefit both nursing service providers (agencies) and nursing programs. The process evolved from a database system to web-based scheduling when ServEdlink was implemented in 2007. Clinical planning is done on an annual basis using our state-of-the-art ServEdLink program. The program enhances education-service communication and placement opportunities. In 2011, allied health planning was piloted and then implemented. Currently, all the major nursing education programs, all the major health care facilities, as well as many other health care agencies are involved in the nursing aspect and several of the major hospital systems are utilizing the Allied Health planning option. Currently 68 programs and approximately 148 facilities are involved. Over 7000 requests are processed annually on the San Diego website.
Calendar for 2017-2018 Planning
- January 13, 2017: Optional open computer lab for schools to review use of the website.
- February 15, 2017: Deadline for schools to have submitted all PRIMARY requests on website. Late primary requests will be held until after the conflict meeting .
- February 24, 2017, 1300-1500: Conflict resolution meeting for schools. This is an in-person opportunity to resolve scheduling conflicts. Sharp conflicts are not negotiated. Site: TBD
- March 6, 2017: Deadline for schools to have submitted all Preceptorship requests.
- March 13, 2017: Release (by Administrator) of clinical requests to agencies.
- March 15, 2017: Deadline for agency responses for Summer 2017. (Added post meeting but actually was previously set).
- March, 2017: March Agency Computer Lab: Please watch Message Board/Email for information.
- April 21, 2017, 1000-1200: Spring Consortium meeting for education and service representatives. Site: TBA
- May 22, 2017: Deadline for official agency responses for Fall 2017 requests.
- October 27, 2017, 1000-1200: Fall Consortium meeting for education and service constituents. Site: TBA
- November 6, 2017: Deadline for official agency responses for Spring 2018 requests. (Date added post meeting based on this year’s guidelines).
- March 2018: Day to be determined at Oct 27th Consortium meeting: Deadline for official agency responses to Summer 2018 requests.