We prepare graduates for mid-level management positions in all types of health care organizations, including hospitals, ambulatory care centers, long term care facilities, and home health care agencies.
We exist to deliver high-quality market relevant education that builds the knowledge and skills required for successful management careers in the healthcare industry.
Why UAB HCM?
We are designed to provide you vital insider industry knowledge and critical job skills that are being demanded by those hiring mid-level managers in health care organizations.
Established in 1982, there are more than 800 graduates of our program and more than 200 students currently enrolled – your new career will begin with a strong network thanks to your UAB degree. We are a Full Certified Undergraduate Member of the Association of University Programs in Health Administration ( AUPHA ).
- Deliver an academically sound program of study that develops the knowledge and skills required of managers and professional staff in health care organizations.
- Make our program accessible to working health professionals.
- Recruit and retain qualified students.
- Employ teaching formats and instructional media appropriate to achieve desired learning outcomes.
- Establish and maintain professional networking relationships among faculty, students, and alumni.
- Provide a supportive and stimulating environment for faculty to achieve excellence in teaching and scholarly activities.