Ireland Pharma Info List November 2015
- Connexicon adding 15 Dublin based jobs by 2017 variety of roles including in chemistry.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals creating 200 specialist jobs in Limerick in commercial manufacturing, process sciences, quality assurance/control and various support functions for scientists, chemists and technicians.
- Grifols announced 140 jobs as part of a $100 million investment in West Dublin.
- Pfizer are creating 130 jobs across Dublin and Cork over the next year 90 jobs at its facility at Grange Castle, west Dublin and 40 jobs in Ringaskiddy and Little Island, Co Cork.
- The Pharma Industry Awards 2015 celebrated the best in Ireland’s pharmaceutical industry on October 22nd see here for a full list of winners
- MedinIreland (an Enterprise Ireland event designed to showcase Ireland to buyers from around the word) took place in Dublin at the end of October.
- The Irish government launched its Mid-West Action Plan for Jobs in October. You can see the document itself here. They’ve previously announced the Action Plans for Midland. South West and South East there are four more regions to follow.
- A survey of Irish CEOs shows that 87% are planning to increase their workforce over the next year
- ABEC began operations at their new bioprocessing equipment facility in Co. Cork
- Research institutions in Dublin and Cork combine efforts to create a new sensor that could revolutionise biopharma production
- IDA Ireland launched ‘ Invest in Cork ’
- Pfizer entered into merger talks with Irish-based Allergan
- How to get Pharmaceutical Jobs Without a Science Degree from Cpl
- 12th Engineers Ireland event: Periodic Inspection and Testing of Electrical Installations
- 26th Real-Time monitoring of Polymer Degradation and Additive dispersion during Processing Workshop. Polymer Processing Research Centre, Queen’s University Belfast 10.45-1.30pm
- 8-15th Nov is Science Week in Ireland and there are a host of science related events happening across the country. There are also some web-based events of specific interest might be I’m a Scientist, Get me Out of Here and I’m an Engineer, Get me Out of Here. They are competitions where students can ask questions to professionals, all the questions and answers are available on the site so you can get a great insight into the job roles, including pharma and medical device specific examples.
Massive Online Open Courses (MOOCs) are online courses that are open to all.
Here are a list of MOOCs that may be of interest if you are in (or are considering) a career in pharmaceutical manufacturing. We’ve also included courses that can help you in job hunting or making the most of other online learning opportunities.
You’ll find dates next to each course even if the start date has passed, if it’s on our list then it’s still open new participants.
This is a great opportunity to talk to companies, network, take part in a free career clinic and gain instant feedback on your CV and job hunting style. Admission is FREE if you register. Clayton Hotel, Silver Springs, Cork 11am to 4pm
BMS are looking to hire almost 400 scientists and engineers for a new biologics facitily. This event, hosted in NIBRT, is an excellent chance to discuss these opportunities further. NIBRT 11am to 3pm. *Advanced registration is required*
This virtual careers fair gives engineers of all levels a fantastic chance to explore opportunities within the Johnson Johnson Europe family of companies. There are presentations, panel discussions and written Q As. You can register now to secure your place.
November 11th, 2015 |